Thursday, February 18, 2010

If you find my brain, please return it.

So, well, it has been an interesting 24 hours that just served as more confirmation that I am losing it! All day yesterday, I was contemplating the haircut i would get today. Would I go shorter? Edgier? Etc...I also talked with a client about dropping off her Mary Kay products to her at 1130 today at CVS. Well, last night about 8:30, the panic button went off. I realized a few things all at one time.

1 - I had a haircut (that i had talked about all day, but apparently forgotten
2 - I had scheduled a delivery at the exact same time as my hair appt.
3 - I had not even remembered to get child care in place for the boys while at my appt.

So, I called my friend Melissa in a panic, and asked if she could watch the boys for an hour. Already planning when I need to leave, what to pack them for lunch, etc. I also emailed my client and let her know of my mix-up and that we would have to plan another delivery time. Then I headed to bed, all plans in tact.

The the morning came. The girl who keeps my boys 3 days a week called and said that her kids were puking and she was not feeling good. (so, how does this affect me?) -- Well, she kept my boys all day yesterday, and they were in the nursery last night with my boys at church) So, as any good mom would do (lol!) I decided to cancel my hair appt, b/c I knew I could not take my boys to Melissa's if they were infected. For they would be sure to affect the other 4 children at Melissa's house. So, right before I called Melissa, I decided I would look at my calendar to see when I might could reschedule my hair appt. Well, there on my handy-dandy calendar, on Feb 18th, was only one thing written. And it was NOT my hair appt. My hair appt was clearly written down for 11:30 NEXT Thursday, February 25th! ACCCCCCKKKKK! Should I institutionalize myself today or wait till tomorrow!

Again, AMBER ALERT is out for my brain, so if you find it, please contact me! Thanks!

ps. I have been here with the boys all day, and so far we are puke-free! PTL! :)

No comments: